Wednesday 20 August 2008

Ding









Woohoo :p, I made the first mile(yard?)stone for my rogue. Level 10 has been achieved. Which means two equally important things.

-1. We created another armory entry :D . If one would like to see the sheer awesomeness that is Vispilio. Check here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Vispilio (at least that's where our awesomeness should be once blizz updates.)

-2. Equally, if not more major is of course the fourth line of the screenie. (Four those to lazy to check, those who cant count, and all other interested parties: "You have gained 1 talent point.") Which is of course the start of real rogueness (I hereby foreclaim that a word if it isn't yet) but it's also the point where I really have to look into what the traditional rogue levelling spec is. After some research i've found combat seems to be it :P. So swords is the way to go.

In any case, I very much like the rogue thus far. Gouge feels quite cool, and although it's a gimmicky skill, I have a lot of fun picking the pockets of mobs I come across. And although I love being stealthed it does bring another issue, I can stealth to a boss without being seen, but I cannot attack him without getting attacked by other mobs as well. But that's a bit of a luxery issue I dont mind dealing with.

The combo point system is cool and works well (it feels powerfull to get a skill with full combo point knock of a hell of a lot of health). Honestly, I feel there's one issue with rogues that I find quite hard to get used to. Energy. For someone who's always had enough mana to kill something without having to wait, the energy ticks are frustrating at times. (Hearing 'Not enough energy' over and over again gets frustrating). But so far I have fun.

So, here's to 10 more levels :P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely my problem with rogues -- and Feral "hiss-hiss-scratch" druids at well. I just cannot get used to the combat points system at all. I understand rage; I know mana like the back of my hand; even focus can't stop me. But combat points just confuse the daylights out of me!

Congratulations on the new alt and the ding. I think that my last attempt at a rogue faltered around 19 or so.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Dual Wield!

Yeah, Energy is kind of a pain, but once you get into playing a rogue, and get familiar with your skills, you'll be able to kind of... count... your energy as you go. You kind of get into a rhythm, I guess you could say.

Good Luck!